[DRBD-user] Re: Some questions about drbd

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Jul 6 18:42:30 CEST 2005

On 2005-07-06T18:25:45, Sven Schuster <schuster.sven at gmx.de> wrote:

> company standing behind a product. Lars Marowsky-Bree mentioned
> that it's integrated in SLES9, that would probably be big enough
> for him with Novell behind it. Unfortunately, we use RHEL at work :-/
> Maybe time to send an email to Redhat asking if they have any plans
> to integrate drbd or to offer some ha-addons with drbd in it :-)

Well. Of course, choosing SLES is the right answer (ahem), and we'll
gladly send in sales to convince you of that.

That said, if you must, you may want to checkout SteelEye LifeKeeper.
It's not drbd based, it is not Linux HA based, but it is a very robust
HA / failover product for Linux, which includes a data replication
solution and will run on SLES as well as on RHEL.

Of course, that's going to be more expensive than purchasing SLES9,
which includes Linux HA and drbd already anyway.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering