[DRBD-user] drbd error?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Jan 26 09:56:39 CET 2005

On 2005-01-26T09:14:06, Hegedus Gabor <hygylista at jpm.hu> wrote:

> Then I unmount it, try to fsck:
> # e2fsck /dev/drbd0
> e2fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
> The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 37397311 blocks
> The physical size of the device is 37364543 blocks
> Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
> Abort<y>? yes

You too seem to have created the filesystem on the raw disk and then put
drbd on top. wrong. You should have put drbd on first and then created
the fs on top.

The simplest way to recover would be to start over.

If that's not an option because you don't have a backup of the data:

stop drbd. unmount the filesystem. e2fsck on the lower level device and
have it repair whatever is there. Use resize2fs to shrink the filesystem
by about 132MB to make space for drbd's metadata at the end of the
device. Put drbd on again. fsck the drbd device to make sure all is well
now. Force a full resync.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--