[DRBD-user] RE: How to do partial re-sync?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 16 18:57:04 CEST 2005

/ 2005-08-15 20:13:25 +0800
\ Vic Berdin:
> Hi Paul,
>
> My test with drbd is very basic: I simply populate my Primary with new files
> just right after a full-sync.

> I repeated the full sync process by:

 why? this makes absolut no sense to me...

> a. doing a `drbdsetup /dev/drbd/0 invalidate`) on the secondary node
> b. then populated the (already mounted) primary source device with
> additional data (note that I did not do anything with the Secondary Node
> yet)
> c. then did a `sync` on the Primary

btw, sync is, despite of the name, not a synchronouse operation.
so the command "sync" may exit successfully, even though the actual disk
sync is not done yet...

> While doing the above, I was hoping that there will (should) be some
> activity on Secondary's HDD LED, as (I hoped) new data gets
> auto-replicated/copied. But there was none.

so drbd was quicker than you thought it would be.

you happen to know about http://www.drbd.org/drbd-howto.html,
also available (in a possibly more recent version) at
 http://www.linux-ha.org/DRBD/QuickStart07