[DRBD-user] unable to mount DRBD device?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Apr 19 11:54:13 CEST 2005

/ 2005-04-19 11:26:34 +0800
\ David Huang:
> Hi everyone
>
> I solved the problem by extending the existing lv size by 128M before
> init the replication process.
> is it the proper way to solve the issue?

you can do that.
but I'd rather go with an extra lv for the meta data ("external").

> What if i stop the DRBD service, mount the LV to do some modification
> or add more files on the filesystem and restart the DRBD?
> do I need to extend the lv size again??

this does not make any sense.

it seems to me that your understanding
of what drbd does for you is wrong.

what exactly do you think drbd is?
 (please answer this, so we can correct you)

what do you mean by
 "do some modification or add more files on the filesystem"?

why do you think you'd need to mount the LV to modify some files?
(mounting, even accessing the lower level device is a big no-no!)

	Lars