[DRBD-user] kernel ( 2.4.25) panic with drbd0.7.10

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Fri Apr 15 09:47:02 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 14. April 2005 11:28 schrieb sunil arora:
> hi phillip,
> this is the crash_dump which got generated I generated after running
> "ksymoops" over the panic trace.
>
> I would again like to add  ( this panic occurs on a primary server
> when secondary comes and tries to sync with primary... and not all the
> time.... but 30-40% of the time).
>
> Here is the crash dump
[...]

Reading the dump:

The NIC generates an interrupt, does some rx (receive) processing
and wants to sends some packets sitting in a queue, and then
kaboom it crashes.

This is either a broken NIC or a broken NIC driver or a machine
that is broken in some other way.

The only connection to DRBD is, that DRBD makes rather heavy use
of the networking stack. There is no single "drbd" in the call
trace...

-Philipp