[DRBD-user] Performance and reliability of DRBD on software raid 1

Chris de Vidal Chris at deVidal.tv
Thu Apr 14 16:59:49 CEST 2005

I've been browsing the list and have found that some of you are running
DRBD on top of software RAID 1 for maximum reliability.

What is the performance like, compared to DRBD directly on hardware?
What about reliability?  I assume it's tip-top but I wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks,
CD