[DRBD-user] heartbeat won't start my self made script

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed Apr 13 19:40:25 CEST 2005

Anquijix Schiptara wrote:

> hi there!
>
> the second mail, this time with subject...

1) please leave a little more time between asking a question on a mailing
list and re-asking it. it probably takes more than 8 minutes for some of the
people on the list to GET your question let alone respond. Granted, it would
have been nice to have had a subject on the first one.

> i made a little script that activates/stops the virtual network devices,
> when a failover takes place. these are virtual interfaces of the webserver.
> we host several sites for customers, and they need a virtual ip address to
> connect to their sites...
>
> if i start heartbeat, all the services get up, apart from my own script. is
> the syntax incorrect for heartbeat or what? the permissions are set correct.
> or are my skills in bash scripting bad?
> if i start the script manually, it works..
>
> here is the script:

<SNIP>
2) although many of the people on this list use heartbeat, this is not the
heartbeat list.
you can sign up for here:
Other useful links:
http://www.linux-ha.org/
http://wiki.linux-ha.org/HomePage

3) it might have been useful to have seen your haresources file as that
tells us how heartbeat called your script.

4) though I don't know that it would make a difference, I don't think the
"'" marks around start&stop are needed.

5) IIRC the heartbeat code requires you to implement a status as well as
start and stop, and each has defined text that it is supposed to spew out
upon completion (or maybe on status had to output things... been a while
since I set it up).
http://www.linux-ha.org/download/faqntips.html#res_scr

--
Todd Denniston