[DRBD-user] XFS issues

sebastian schmitzdorff sebastian.schmitzdorff at ina-germany.de
Tue Apr 5 09:11:24 CEST 2005

Hello,

as I found out recently DRBD still has severe issues using the sgi XFS
filesystem. The primary System will hang hard when starting the
Sychronization, the secondary is actually unaffected. The error is
reproducable on Kernel 2.6.10 and drbd 0.7.7 as well as on kernel 2.6.11
and drbd 0.7.10. The first setup is from myself and the second setup is
from a person that has the same error's.
DRBD is a great sofware and I'm certain that full xfs compliance would
bring it a lot further.

Is there any chance that this issue will be addressed?

I'd be happy and willing, to help resolving this issue.

regards,

Sebastian Schmitzdorff, Netzwerk/System Administrator

INA Germany AG
Papenreye 63, D-22453 Hamburg, Germany
Postfach 61 61 40, D-22449 Hamburg, Germany
Tel. +49 - 40 - 557 07 - 157, Fax +49 - 40 - 557 07 - 100
sebastian.schmitzdorff at ina-germany.de www.ina-germany.de
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 81309, UST-ID-Nr. DE158712251
Vorstand: Stefan Pier,
Aufsichtsratvorsitzender: Jouni Vaarala