[DRBD-user] Re: Initial sync fails with "rate 100M"

Cyril Bouthors cyril at bouthors.org
Thu Nov 25 08:05:33 CET 2004

On 24 Nov 2004, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> Your SyncTarget node seems not to be able to handler this.

Handle what?  The throughput?

> I would never configure DRBD to use more than 30% of my RAW disc
> trhoughput for synchronisation. -- This is just my oppinion.

I completely agree with this opinion, I just wanted maximal throughput
for the initial synchronisation before going into production, now that
the servers are in production, I'm using a rate of 10M/s.

With all due respect, I'm a bit more confident that there _might_ be a
bug somewhere in the synchronisation part because it has not been
widely used at full throttle.

> Since we got the AL high resync rates are not necessary at all...

I don't get this, what's "AL high resync"?
--
Cyril Bouthors