[DRBD-user] Re: Initial sync fails with "rate 100M"

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Nov 29 07:23:23 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 07:05:33AM +0000, Cyril Bouthors wrote:
> On 24 Nov 2004, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> > Your SyncTarget node seems not to be able to handler this.
>
> Handle what?  The throughput?

yes.

> > I would never configure DRBD to use more than 30% of my RAW disc
> > trhoughput for synchronisation. -- This is just my oppinion.
>
> I completely agree with this opinion, I just wanted maximal throughput
> for the initial synchronisation before going into production, now that
> the servers are in production, I'm using a rate of 10M/s.
>
> With all due respect, I'm a bit more confident that there _might_ be a
> bug somewhere in the synchronisation part because it has not been
> widely used at full throttle.

now, we used it, I have seen 70MB/sec,
and it synced like a terrabyte or so.
with one box being smp.

and, we know that some combination of kernel/nic/nic driver just don't
behave when stressed by DRBD. though we don't have a comprehensive list,
not to speak of analysis of that.

> > Since we got the AL high resync rates are not necessary at all...
>
> I don't get this, what's "AL high resync"?

... we have the Activity Log (AL), thus high resync rates ...

	lge