[DRBD-user] MAKEDEV: don't know what "drbd" is

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Mar 12 11:03:46 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-12 16:33:51 +0800
\ David Huang:
> Hello

please ask the LIST not me.
(ok, mostly I am the list answers, but...)

> I tried to use mknod to create several devices, however, only nb0 and nb1
> works with Drbd, i am unable to use every nb after nb1. Everytime i run Drbd
> or cat them, it still shows "no such device"

drbd has a module parameter called minor_counts,
which defaults to 2, if not given explicitly.

you can specify this in drbd.conf, too (have a look at the example
config file), or on the modprobe/insmod command line, if you
prefer to load the module yourself.

	Lars Ellenberg