[DRBD-user] database on drbd

Curtis Tiffany curtis at reecemarketing.com
Fri Mar 5 20:59:53 CET 2004

>>  Can i club any database with drbd? , can i use "rawdevices" in
>>drbd to avoid any database inconsistency.
>

> What do you mean with "inconsistency" here?
>
> Yes, you can.
> With drbd 0.6.X with the restriction that it should not change the
> logical block size too often (best: not at all).
> The drbd is basically just an other block device.

I'm not sure if this is what he means, but I've assumed that you can not
prevent data inconsistencies in databases mirrored by drbd.

For instance,
You have an atomic transaction that completes on the primary node that
writes to multiple blocks
While replicating the changes on the secondary, the primary fails

The database on the secondary, which may become the primary, will have
inconsistent data, right?