[DRBD-user] database on drbd

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Mar 5 19:54:32 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-05 06:37:46 -0800
\ abhin.g.s @ RASC:
> hi,
>
>   Can i club any database with drbd? , can i use "rawdevices" in
> drbd to avoid any database inconsistency.

What do you mean with "inconsistency" here?

Yes, you can.
With drbd 0.6.X with the restriction that it should not change the
logical block size too often (best: not at all).
The drbd is basically just an other block device.

> Is there any how to pages for that?

If what you find at drbd.org is not enough, I don't know.

Maybe there are some documents out there which are not yet linked
at drbd.org. Someone?

>   i am finding a small trouble with the drbd configuration i am
> having, if i shutdown the nodes with shutdown -h 0, one at a
> time and reboot at next time, the secondary node will take
> around 4 min to sync up. is it normal or any problem?

Best you move both to secondary state while they are still
connected, then shut down the network and everything else.

Probably you have to tweak a little bit the order of your
init.d/*/* resource scripts.

	Lars Ellenberg