[DRBD-user] newbie

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Jun 13 11:38:19 CEST 2004

/ 2004-06-12 16:29:45 -0700
\ Ernest Byaruhanga:
> Hello DRBD users,
>
> I am new to clustering and please excuse any ignorance :) I've
> tried to read lots though.
>
> I would like to implement a 2-node cluster without a shared scsi
> drive for the nodes, and after research and googling, i found
> that DRDB with Heartbeat will solve my problem.
>
> I am implementing this on two RedHat Linux Enterprise AS 3.0
> Dell PowerEdge Servers with RAID-1.
>
> I however have a few questions:
>
> 1. I have already configured one server (DNS, sendmail, RT,
>    etc..). Is it possible that these services can automatically
>    sync on the other server without having to re-configure it?

as long as you make sure all the data they need (i.e. changing and
state information) is on shared storage (DRBD), and the same
services are configured the same on both boxes, then you no longer
need to reconfigure.

> 2. Can i implement DRDB and OpenMosix concurrently?

google for DRBD and OpenMosix and check out the 500+ hits...
maybe some of the people implementing/using it are reading this
here, too.  most likely they are on some openmosix list though.

	lge