[DRBD-user] Kernel Oops, RH9.0, 2.4.20-19.9

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Jun 13 11:30:31 CEST 2004

/ 2004-06-12 17:05:24 -0700
\ Tim Hasson:
> Do I have to upgrade the kernel on both drbd1 and drbd2 or can I just upgrade
> the one that is giving kernel oops's (drbd2) ?

you don't have to.
as long as it is the same drbd version,
it does not care about kernel version or architecture.

note that changing the kernel may or may not help.
its only that nobody else has reported an oops related to 0.6.x
for a long time, many people use it, probably even with your exact
hardware and kernel. so whatever does cause the oops at your side,
I seriously doubt that its drbd fault. I even seriously doubt that its
the RH kernels fault.

but you said it is easy to reproduce for you (happens every time...).
so go ahead, and try to change one thing at a time, and see when you can
no longer reproduce it...  rule out the possible causes one by one.