[DRBD-user] Secondary goes into StandAlone-Mode

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Dec 14 01:32:10 CET 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 08:23:06PM +0100, Benjamin Mueller wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a problem with my 0.7.6 drbd-installation.
>
> if i shutdown my node "calvin" (which was the primary drbd-node) the
> other node "hobbes" becomes primary, everything is fint until here.
> After become primary hobbes goes into the StandAlone mode and, as a
> consequence of this behaviour, hobbes don't see that calvin is again up,
> and ready to become primary again.

does it go StandAlone before or after it becomes primary?

> What are the reasons that hobbes goes into StandAlone mode ? In the
> log-files i haven't seen any curious things.

if there is nothing in the log files, it did not go StandAlone.
there has to be something in the logs.
drbd reports to syslog when it changes state, and it should report the
reason there, too.

maybe during "shutdown", you did shutdown the net before you shutdown
drbd? then you created an artificial split brain situation, and on the
reconnect, drbd may need to arbitrate, and chose the current primary.
or some such.

	lge