[drbd-mc] LCMC bugs/features

Caspar Smit c.smit at truebit.nl
Thu Dec 15 10:14:20 CET 2011

2011/12/14 Rasto Levrinc <rasto.levrinc at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Caspar Smit <c.smit at truebit.nl> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> First of all I encountered a weird display problem using LCMC 1.1.0 (I
>> can send a screenshot if needed, the list won't accept it) the screen
>> is all garbled below, any idea what happens here?
>> This happens on java version 1.6.0_15-b03, is this a known Java
>> problem or something else?
>
> Looks like a Java issue, compiz or something like that. Does it happen
> often? Does it go away if you wiggle the Window, resize it? What OS
> is it? Can you upgrade the Java and/or window manager?
>
> There are actually similar issues with dialog boxes, compiz and KDE
> in Ubuntu Lucid. Since it was very popular combination of buggy
> components at the time, the GUI actually wiggles the dialogs every
> time they appear on the screen so they get correctly repainted.
>

>> Second it would be nice if I can start LCMC directly into advanced
>> mode in stead of having to click on the advanced select box (maybe
>> using a --advanced command line argument?)
>
> OK, that's simple, you got it in the next version. :) What do you need
> in the advanced mode? If it is something that many people use, it
> would be better to move it to the "not advanced" mode.

When I create resources in LCMC I like to create them with the
Target-role = stopped so they won't start immediatly after creating
(when there is still some colo/ordering to do).
The target role options is only available in advanced mode.

>> Third, when adding a Filesystem resource LCMC detects block devices
>> that can be used, it also displays my OS partitions (/dev/sda1 and
>> /dev/sda5). Can those be hidden?
>
> Not a very high priority for me at the moment.
>

>> Fourth also when adding a Filesystem resource LCMC detects block
>> devices but doesn't detect any logical volumes (even when they are
>> created with LCMC)
>
> Well it detects them, but they have to be on all the nodes with the same
> name, so it may be a little bit too restrictive. You can also enter them,
> so it is not completely impossible to do.

I remember hehe (I asked this before some while ago)
I don't use CLVM so my LV's are only visible on 1 of the 2 nodes
that's why they don't show up :)

> When you create them with LCMC, it forgets to reload list of block
> devices, so that I have to fix. They will show up if you restart the LCMC
> and if they are on all nodes in the cluster.
>

>> Fifth, it is not possible to create a filesystem on a Logical Volume
>> after creating it in LCMC, so I must go to the CLI to create a
>> filesystem (this is the only step I must do at the CLI) to be able to
>> mount / export the LV as for instance an NFS export using exportfs. It
>> would be nice if this was possible.
>
> Well, the code for making filesystem is there. I'll think about it. :)

k, thanks. I know this has nothing to do with the purpose of the LCMC
but it would make it a more complete package :)

Kind regards,
Caspar