[Csync2] Csync2 via xinetd does not work

Dan Falconer danf at affinitygs.com
Fri Jan 23 23:48:35 CET 2015

I can't get Csync2 to work when configured through an xinetd script.
I've added the file, /etc/xinetd.d/csync, with the following contents:

    # default: off
    service csync2
    {
             disable = no
             flags           = REUSE
             socket_type     = stream
             wait            = no
             user            = root
             group           = root
             env             = CSYNC2_SYSTEM_DIR=/etc/csync2
             server          = /usr/sbin/csync2
             server_args     = -itv
             port            = 30865
             type            = UNLISTED
             log_type        = FILE /var/log/csync2.log
             log_on_success  = HOST PID
             log_on_failure  = HOST
    }

In this configuration, running "csync2 -xv" shows that it cannot connect
to any of the other nodes; running it manually (csync2 -iitv) works.
I've added the appropriate entry into "/etc/services", along with values
in "/etc/hosts.allow".

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

--

Dan Falconer
Affinity Global Solutions
danf at affinitygs.com