[Csync2] Installing csync2 on Centos6 with PostgreSQL 9.1 as datastore

Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei kwasi.gyasiagyei at 4things.co.za
Fri Jan 6 08:13:17 CET 2012

# = command line argument

Get latest copy from Git if you like clone tag

# git clone git://git.linbit.com/csync2.git csync2

Make sure you have the following dependencies flex, librsync,
librsync-devel, byacc, postgresql91-devel, postgresql91-libs (PostgreSQL
installation and configuration not in scope)

# yum install flex librsync librsync-devel byacc postgresql91-devel
postgresql91-libs

Change directory to location where you cloned csync to

# cd csync2
# ./autogen.sh

The above will generate configure file e.t.c.

When you install postgres 9.1 from EPEL(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL)
repository the default location for include and libs is in
/usr/pgsql-9.1/(lib/includes) respectively, this caused problems when I
tried to configure csync2 enabling postgres as backend. When I read through
configure file I noticed that csync was looking for libpd* in
postgresql/libpq*. Not sure if an environmental variable can be configured
to change this behavior, I didn't notice such. So what I did was to amend
the line for "ac_header in postgresql/libpq-fe.h" to "for ac_header in
/usr/pgsql-9.1/include/libpq-fe.h" also make will fail indicating that path
postgresql/libpq-fe.h can't be found for that I just created a symbolic
link in csync2 source folder as follows:

# ln -s /usr/pgsql-9.1/include/ postgresql

After all the above changes, (the probably is an easier way) I executed the
following commands

# ./configure --enable-postgres
# make
# make install

csync2 is installed now, refer to documentation for configuration.
--

Multimedia and Communication | Property | Entertainment
Kwasi Owusu Gyasi - Agyei

*cell*        (+27) (0) 76 466 4488
*website *www.4things.co.za
*email     *kwasi.gyasiagyei at 4things.co.za
*skype    *kwasi.gyasiagyei
*role*        Developer.Designer.Software Architect