[Csync2] csync2 can't execute commands on a remote server

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jan 2 14:08:07 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 02:15:41PM +0800, nick tang wrote:
> I have installed csync2 on two servers.
>
> When I run csync2,it can sync files to the remote server,but it can not do
> the action in the csync2.cfg file.
>
> Can csync2 execute commands on a remote server ? or What could be the
> reason why it can not execute commands remotely ?
>

> The action can only be done locally.(do-local)

Start it with more verbosity (add more -v),
potentially have it log to syslog (add -l),
or even strace/ltrace/gdb it,
maybe that gives you some hint.

Based on your description it can be anything from
simple misconfiguration to missing
scripts/executables/permissions/security contexts...

--
: Lars Ellenberg