[Csync2] Question regarding setup on a centos 5.3

Steven C. Peterson scp at mainstream.net
Sat Sep 5 18:11:46 CEST 2009

I used the rpm packages found on the opensuse site, that was posted in
the downloads section. I have it installed and I built a config file.
when i run csync2 -x i get:

[root at Fat-Man ~]# csync2 -x -d
ERROR: Config request SSL but this csync2 is built without SSL support.
ERROR: Connection to remote host failed.
Finished with 2 errors.

My config file is as follows:
group mygroup
{
#changes allowed on any host, slave only hosts in parens
host Little-Boy;
host Fat-Man;

key /etc/serverfarm.key;

#sync useful config files
include /etc/csync2.cfg;
include /etc/hosts;
include /etc/sysconfig/iptables;
#sync backup script
include /root/Backup/do_backup.sh;
# sync Admins hom dirs
include /home/chinh;
include /home/craig;
include /home/scp;
#sync backups
include /home/backups;

# When backup script changes run script on sister host
action
{
pattern /root/Backup/do_backup.sh;
exec "sh /root/Backup/do_backup.sh";
logfile "/var/log/csync2_action.log";
do-local;
}

backup-directory /var/backups/csync2;
backup-generations 3;

auto none;
}

nossl Little-Boy Fat-Man;
nossl Fat-Man Little-Boy;

I am assuming that the connection error is due to the ssl error. as the
fire wall is setup to allow the connections on port 30865, before I set
that I would just get:

 ERROR: Connection to remote host failed.

I am trying to keep my admins home dirs in sync across the 2 current
nodes, as well as the backups on the 2 machines in sync. the backups
consist of a set of tbz2 files that each machine generates
independently, I want a copy of each machines backups on the other node.
Eventually we will be adding 2 more nodes to this.

--

Steven C. Peterson
Mainstream Technology Group
scp at mainstream.net