[Csync2] sqlite and inotify

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Fri Jan 18 09:37:58 CET 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 18:59, Michael Mansour wrote:

> Hmm.. maybe this is enough reason now for csync2 to either get
> patched to work
> with sqlite3 (as was posted yesterday) or to ask / try and get the
> patch put
> into the mainstream release for the ability to be supported on
> future csync2
> upgardes?

IIRC then the tricky part is that the database needs to be updated for
old installations -- which requires sqlite2.  (Of course this is an
argument that the transition should have been done while the
distributions more commonly had both sqlite2 and 3 installed).

Anyway, some months ago I made a patch to make it work with sqlite3.
I tried it just now and it *didn't actually work*.   I can't figure
out which box I finished the work on (if I finished it?), so here's a
work-in-progress patch that might help someone else get started:

	http://tmp.askask.com/2008/01/csync2-sqlite3-wip.patch

  - ask