[Csync2] connection problems

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Fri Nov 4 18:25:36 CET 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 11:25:07AM -0600, Stephan Guilford wrote:
> Connecting to host e-linweb02.e-web.local (PLAIN) ...
> Can't connect to remote host.
> ERROR: Connection to remote host failed.
> Host stays in dirty state. Try again later...
> Finished with 1 errors.
>
> I can ping e-linweb02.e-web.local
> And no Firewall is turned on.

this looks like you don't have the listener running on your slave hosts.

you should have the csync2 daemon running on all host (tcp port 30865).

This can eighter be done using inetd or xinetd (csync2 -i) or by running
a stand alone daemon (csync2 -ii).

However, the stand alone daemon doesn't fork into background and is
ment for debugging purposes only. So you really should be using inetd or
xinetd.

Configuring inetd for csync2 is covered in the documentation. For xinetd
you can use the example xinetd config file that I have mentioned already in
my last mail: http://svn.clifford.at/csync2/trunk/csync2.xinetd

yours,
 - clifford

--