[Csync2] csync2 config file location?

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Fri Dec 30 03:24:36 CET 2005

Hi Andreas,

>   > Hi,
>   > I'm in the process of configuring csync2 using the paper.pdf
> file on the website.
>
>   > The documentation doesn't seem to have any reference to the name
> or location  > of the configuration file, so I created a
> /etc/csync2.conf file (as a guess)  > and ran the command:
>
> /etc/csync2.cfg is it. I don't remember where I had the info from,
> but you can RTFS:
>
>         if ( !*cfgname ) {
>                 asprintf(&file_database, "%s/%s.db", dbdir,
>  myhostname);                asprintf(&file_config, ETCDIR
> "/csync2.cfg");

Thanks for this, as soon as I changed the filename it found the file no problems.

>   > # csync2 -x -d
>   > Can't open config file.
>
> I'd call it a bug that the error message doesn't tell you which file
> it did not find.

True. I also had this:

# csync2 -C /etc/csync2.conf -x -d
Config names are limited to [a-z0-9]+.

which only after reading section 5.7 a few times told me that what it actually
means is:

# csync2 -C myname -x -d

where the config file is named:

/etc/csync2_myname.cfg

I man page should exist for csync2 to make this easier to understand :)

Michael.