talk about using DRBD for distributed storage

Pierre-Philipp Braun pbraun at nethence.com
Tue Jun 18 17:42:40 CEST 2024

Hello,

I am probably in "uncharted territory" again, but the talk went well at
the Xen Summit 2024.  I would like to share with you some tests I've
made with XEN on top of a chain of DRBD mirrors (without Linstor).  The
tricky part that remains to be further tested is the snapshot-based
images, and which restricts the availability of the guest images to
specific hosts, unless you want to have the origin/template on all nodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnFc99VfTo&list=PLQMQQsKgvLntZiKoELFs22Mtk-tBNNOMJ&index=24

Yes, as I said at minute 3, I don't understand why DRBD v9 with the
diskless feature is not competing with Ceph RBD on the emerging software
distributed storage market.  Maybe because some people got stuck with
Linstor, just like I did few years ago.

BR
--
Pierre-Philipp Braun