[DRBD-user] drbd-utils v9.26.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Oct 30 12:55:20 CET 2023

Dear DRBD users,

this is version 9.26.0 of drbd-utils. We did not find any bugs in RC2,
the only changes between RC2 and the final version are some minor
documentation updates.

For your convenience the RC1 and RC2 announce messages:

RC1:
ktls: For all the details please see Phil's drbd-9.2.6-rc.1 announce
mail, this adds the userspace bits. Note for packages: this introduces a
new dependency, see the debian dir and the spec.in file in the git repo
for details.

drbd-graceful-shutdown.service: DRBD benefits if a connection is shut
down properly instead of just vanishing. This is a bit of a problem on
system shutdown. A dependency to that service is automatically
configured for every DRBD device when the device shows up in udev. It
configures dependencies on network-online and the drbd at .service and
drbd.service (do not use the later one, it is deprecated and we have
ways better ones like the drbd at .service one!) and on shutdown then downs
the resources.

I think these are the most important features, but there have been
improvements to drbdmon, windrbd, the CPU mask size got increased,
events2 with --poll now terminates if the kernel module is unloaded and
returns a specific exit code for "module unload" which allows some
drbd-reactor improvements in the future,...

RC2:
We did not find any problems in RC1, but we wanted to squeeze in some
new configuration options.

GIT: https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-utils/commit/fd0904f7bf256ecd380e1c19ec73c712f3855d40
TGZ: https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/drbd/utils/drbd-utils-9.26.0.tar.gz
PPA: https://launchpad.net/~linbit/+archive/ubuntu/linbit-drbd9-stack

Regards, rck

ChangeLog:
9.26.0
-----------
 * config,v9: new config option load-balance-paths
 * config,v9: new config options rdma-ctrls-(snd|rcv)buf-size
 * drbdadm,v9: fix segfault if proxy has no path
 * drbd: increase maximum CPU mask size
 * systemd: introduce drbd-graceful-shutdown.service
 * drbdmeta,v9: fix regression, allow attach after offline resize
 * drbdsetup,v9: add path established information to JSON status
 * events2: terminate on module unload even under --poll
 * events2: specif exit code if module unload
 * docs: add spdx license file
 * drbdmon: various smaller improvements
 * drbdsetup,v9: support for TLS/kTLS