[DRBD-user] Issue with DRDB on debian 11

Manuel Deschambault manuel.deschambault at sbktelecom.com
Mon Mar 27 19:08:46 CEST 2023

I installed DRBD on Debian 11 with ’sudo apt install drbd-utils’ and can properly start the service.

‘drbdadm show-gi —version’ gives me:

DRBDADM_VERSION=9.15.0

But ‘cat /proc/drbd’ give me:

Version 8.4.11

And when I try to put ‘auto-promote yes;’ in the proper section of global_common.conf, I get the following error when try to restart the drbd service:

‘drbd.d/global_common.conf:47: Parse error: ‘an option keyword’ expected, but got ‘auto-promote’

Is this due to my ‘cat /proc/drbd’ showing 8.4.11 and ‘auto-promote’ being a feature of version 9?

How do I fix this?

Manuel Deschambault

manuel at sbktelecom.com
(514) 667-0691 x 2148