[DRBD-user] Update DRBD in product

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Mar 23 15:45:21 CET 2023

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 11:30:09AM +0100, matthieu le roy wrote:
> OS : Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
> DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION=9.0.18

vs.

> OS : Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
> DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION=9.2.2

sorry, but I did not look further, 9.0.18 is completely outdated. Get
some matching, *current* versions and then try again please. I assume
these DRBD packages are from the PPA? Then sorry again, we only maintain
the last 2 LTS releases in the PPA, as stated in the info for the PPA.
We have current packages for 18.04.2, but that is for our customers
only.

I see the following options:
- upgrade the old server to a newer Ubuntu version which will then
  allow you to install a current DRBD from PPA.
- take the drbd-dkms from the PPA, but from a newer Ubuntu version. That
  should work, but you are obviously on your own.
- compile a newer DRBD version from a release tarball
- become a customer.

Regards, rck