[DRBD-user] Can't access Proxmox GUI when there is no LINSTOR/DRBD quorum

Nicolas FONTAINE n.fontaine at nnx.com
Tue Feb 14 15:42:35 CET 2023

Hello,

I am currently testing LINSTOR/DRBD with Proxmox 7.3 on a three nodes
cluster with:

Nodes A and B:

  * DRBD over ZFS
  * LINSTOR controller and satellite
  * DRBD reactor for HA setup (followed the guide at
    https://linbit.com/drbd-user-guide/linstor-guide-1_0-en/#s-linstor_ha)

Node C:

  * DRBD diskless
  * LINSTOR satellite

Now, if I do the following:

  * All nodes UP and a VM with Proxmox HA enabled and stored on DRBD,
    running on node B.
  * Stop Node A.
  * Stop Node B.
  * Start again Node B.
  * The Proxmox GUI of Node B is no longer accessible until I restart
    Node B. And the VM doesn't start.

In the logs of Node B i can see "pvestatd[1990]: could not connect to
any LINSTOR controller at
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Custom/LINSTORPlugin.pm line 214."

With drbdmon I can see "QUORUM LOST" on all resources.

I understand the reason that LINSTOR/DRBD won't let access to DRBD
ressources, since it can't really have quorum on the resources (should I
transform the diskless node into one with just enough storage for the
linstor_db?). But I don't think it is normal that when there is no
LINSTOR/DRBD quorum (but Proxmox quorum), you can't access the GUI of
some nodes (for example, for running VMs located on another storage).

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Nicolas.