[DRBD-user] drbd-9.2.0-rc.8

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed Sep 28 10:58:17 CEST 2022

Hello,

Finally, the RDMA transport got the long necessary attention. Now it tests
successfully on RHEL9 clones. And, BTW, we enabled also all of the regular
tests, that test network interruption via iptables also for the RDMA
transport. (iptables can only fetch RoCE packets with rdma_rxe, the
software-
only RoCE driver)

This RC comes a bit delayed since I wanted to include the interesting
fixes/improvements to the quorum code. (These changes originate from the
drbd-9.1 branch.) They fix quorum at the moment a fresh node joins a quorate
but incomplete partition.

Unless someone finds a show-stopper within a week, this is the last release
candidate before the 9.2.0 final release.

A short reminder, the other advantages of drbd-9.2 over 9.1 are:
 * lower latency for mirrored write requests
 * lower contention between application IO and resync IO
 * much better resync performance on thinly provisioned backends
 * support for network namespaces
 * an RDMA transport

Please help test this pre-release.

9.2.0-rc.8 (api:genl2/proto:110-121/transport:18)
--------
 * fix the RDMA transport to work on more recent kernels (like RHEL9)
 * improve transmit timeout handling of the RDMA transport
 * register DRBD has pernet device for namespace management
 * merged fixes from the drbd-9.1 branch, including
  - request handling (9.1.11)
  - fix quorum when fresh nodes join a quorate but incomplete partition
  - minor state handling fixes/improvements

https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/drbd/9/drbd-9.2.0-rc.8.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd/commit/55eca3ae75cd91b83c0eefc205c9560de2408c49