[DRBD-user] drbd-utils v9.22.0

Eddie Chapman eddie at ehuk.net
Thu Sep 22 19:55:18 CEST 2022

On 20/09/2022 08:42, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> Dear DRBD users,

<snip>

> The second bigger change is that the rpm part now generates a
> drbd-selinux sub package containing an updated SELinux policy. Depending
> on the host distribution, that package might even become a runtime
> dependency for the drbd-utils sub package. Users/downstream building
> packages should add "checkpolicy", and "selinux-policy-devel" to their
> build systems. The Debian (alike) world is not affected by that change,
> as SELinux isn't that widely used (by default) there.
<snip>

I have several Gentoo SELinux systems (SELinux has good support on
Gentoo) and I build drbd-utils for them using Gentoo's ebuild system,
which uses configure/make. Thanks for adding SELinux policy which sounds
great! I'm sure I'll be able to figure out how to extract the policy for
myself but it would be nice if it wasn't tied to the rpm build only :-)

Thanks,
Eddie