[DRBD-user] drbd build failure due to missing REQ_OP_WRITE_SAME symbol

Christoph Böhmwalder christoph.boehmwalder at linbit.com
Wed Nov 2 10:59:46 CET 2022

Am 28.10.22 um 00:59 schrieb Akemi Yagi:> Hi Reid,

> RHEL 9.1 beta is out. Kernel is 5.14.0-160.el9. Since REQ_OP_WRITE_SAME
> is gone like in the c9s kernel, drbd 9.x fails to build (tried with 9.1.11).
>
> With the way things stand, when RHEL 9.1 hits the road in November, ELRepo
> will not be able to build kmod-drbd9x for RHEL-9 users.
>
> Any possible solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Akemi

We do have a fix for that on the drbd-9.1 development branch:
6842600a876d ("drbd: remove WRITE_SAME support").

There has not been a 9.1 release since, and this is obviously untested,
but maybe it works with 9.2.0?

If you could try to compile the current state of the drbd-9.1 branch
with that new RHEL kernel, that would be helpful.

Regards,
Christoph
--
Christoph Böhmwalder
LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running