[DRBD-user] building drbd-9.1.7-rc.1

Pierre-Philipp Braun pbraun at nethence.com
Wed May 18 09:20:29 CEST 2022

On 12/03/2022 10:28, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:
> Should I attempt to disable -Werror=implicit-function-declaration or not?
> I tried with CFLAGS="-Wno-error" for testing but I still got the same
> build error.

As nobody is answering I answer to myself.  So I learn the hard way that
I need to carefully check ChangeLog of latest DRBD kernel module release
before trying to build it.  Latest officially supported Linux kernel
version for v9.1.x was and still is 5.15, so it was irrelevant to try
and build it on 5.16.

At least it's mentioned in the 9.1.7 ChangeLog

  * following upstream changes to DRBD up to Linux 5.15 and updated compat

Otherwise one probably needs to figure out which Linux version is
supported by other means, maybe by checking what kernel version latest
supported RHEL and Ubuntu distributions have.

HTH
--
Pierre-Philipp Braun
SMTP Health Campaign: enforce STARTTLS and verify MX certificates