[DRBD-user] Linstor: confining failure domains to a single back-end device

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at region-academique-bourgogne-franche-comte.fr
Mon Jun 27 12:03:29 CEST 2022

Hello.

I'm new to linstor and manage to create a test cluster to serve as a
backend for virtual machines managed by OpenNebula.

In the documentation, there is a mention on “confining failure domains
to a single back-end device”[1] but I didn't found example of how to do
so.

Do I understand correctly that it means, on each server:

    1 disk == 1 PV == 1 VG == 1 ThinPool == 1 storage-pool

?

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://linbit.com/drbd-user-guide/linstor-guide-1_0-en/#s-a_storage_pool_per_backend_device

--
Daniel Dehennin
Pôle Logiciels Libres du ministère de l’Éducation nationale