[DRBD-user] Problem in synchronization DRBD

G2K pruebas at g2khosting.com
Thu Jul 14 01:11:56 CEST 2022

Hello,

We are having a problem in the synchronization of the DRBD, we currently
have storage with zfs+drbd.

We recently had an incident in the mirror storage, so we had to
reconfigure the pool for this storage.
But when activating the drbd synchronization the main storage raises a
lot of load and currently it is in production containing VMs disks which
causes problems in these, we tried to reduce the synchronization rate
but the configuration does not seem to obey us.

Do you have any idea what could cause this problem?. Thanks.

_Next I show you the configuration that we use_:

resource "rec1" {
   device minor 1;
   disk "/dev/zvol/zfs-storage/DiscoZFS";
   meta-disk internal;

   on "drbd-st03" {
     node-id 0;
   }

   on "drbd-st04" {
     node-id 1;
   }

   disk {
          resync-rate 1M;
          c-max-rate  1M;
          c-min-rate  500;
          c-plan-ahead 5;
   }

   connection {
     host "drbd-st03" address PRIVATEIP:7789;
     host "drbd-st04" address PRIVATEIP:7789;
     net {
          protocol B;
          max-buffers    2048;
          max-epoch-size 2048;