[DRBD-user] DRBD user guide - GFS2 - recommendation to lose data?

Matt Kereczman matt at linbit.com
Thu Aug 18 20:13:38 CEST 2022

On 8/16/22 16:58, Matt Kereczman wrote:
> On 8/2/22 22:48, Reid Wahl wrote:
>> Section 10.2:
>> "Also, it is recommended to use some of DRBD’s features for automatic
>> recovery from split brain. To do all this, include the following lines
>> in the resource configuration:
>> By configuring auto-recovery policies, you are configuring effectively
>> configuring automatic data-loss! Be sure you understand the
>> implications."
>>
>> If these options incur a risk of data loss, why are they recommended?
>> I'm wary of recommending that to our users.
>>
>> https://linbit.com/drbd-user-guide/drbd-guide-9_0-en/#ch-gfs
<snip>

> I've opened an internal issue to clean up this section for future
> readers.

Wanted to let you know we pushed some adjustments to the language in
the GFS section of the DRBD user guide. Thanks for the feedback. If
you have any further recommendations don't hesitate to reach out.

--
Matt Kereczman – Solutions Architect
matt at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running
HA - DR - SDS

LINBIT® is a registered trademark of LINBIT, Austria.