[DRBD-user] corrupted resource can't be fixed be rolling back to old snapshot

Chitvan Chhabra chitvan1988 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:44:16 CEST 2022

Though i could be wrong here , but what  i understand is:

After Roll back Scenerio:

A( Primary Snapshot rollbacked to  time: say 12:10:00 PM)  , B(Secondary
Snapshot  roll backed to time say 12:09:00 PM)

Current time say : 12:30:00 PM
Now A must have received acks(in the past of ofcource) from B between
12:09:00 to 12:10:00 PM , now at 12:09:01 B says i dont have the data which
might have confused A as it must be saying saying that you have already
acked me few data , then how can you say now that i don't have the data
now.Hence the Error.This is just my thought.Or does DRBD support such
scenario, if yes then that is awesome than as that prevent complete
resynchronization of data.

Anyways with DRBD Down , you can always get the data back from ZVOL
snapshot(otr its clone) itself(assuming DRBD metadata doesnot contain
actual data  ?? )