[DRBD-user] Do You Always Have to Upgrade/Rebuild DRBD Whenever You Upgrade the Kernel?

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Fri Apr 22 23:05:46 CEST 2022

Thanks for the feedback, Roland. I am actually a paying Linbit customer, but I am unaware of the process to follow when upgrading the OS. For example, I'm currently running Rocky Linux 8.5 (kernel 4.18.0-348.2.1.el8_5.x86_64) and drbd 9.19.1-1.el8. There is a kernel upgrade to 4.18.0-348.20.1.el8_5 available in the Rocky repo. If I install that, does it break drbd? If so, are you saying that I should do a rolling upgrade of drbd on my cluster?