[DRBD-user] UpToDate and out-of-sync inconsistence

Shuhei Tsutsumi stsutsumi at mvista.com
Mon Apr 18 02:56:26 CEST 2022

Hi, all

We received the following responses from community developers.
- States such as "UpToDate" are calculated based on the UUID comparison
results.
- "out-of-sync" is calculated according to the bitmap settings.
- Because the calculation method is different between the two
  Even in the UpTpDate state, it occurs when out-oy-sync is not 0.

However, the following two points are doubtful.

1.This does not occur with DRBD 8.x

Is this a specification designed after DRBD 9.x?
Or is it the same specification as DRBD 8.x?

2.If you execute verify in this case, you can see that there are
unsynchronized blocks.

When this phenomenon occurs, if you execute the "drbdadm verify" command,
You can see that asynchronous blocks remain.
However, it seems strange that the disk status is UpToDate.

Can anyone give us an opinion on the above two points?

Regards
Shuhei