[DRBD-user] Proxmox with Linstor: Online migration / disk move problem

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Nov 25 08:57:45 CET 2021

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 02:00:38PM +0000, G. Milo wrote:
> I was able to reproduce this issue on PVE 6.4 as well with the latest
> packages installed. Never used this combination before, so I'm not sure if
> it is something that started happening recently after updating PVE or
> LINSTOR packages..The task is cancelled almost immediately, without
> starting the migration process at all and the new linstor resource is
> removed instantly as well.
>
> https://pastebin.com/i4yuKYyp

okay... so what do we have:
- it can happen from local lvm (Łukasz) and local zfs (Milo)
- it can happen with about 32G (Łukasz) and smaller 11G (Milo)

Milo, as you seem to be able to reproduce it immediately, can you try
smaller volumes, like 2G? Does it happen with those as well?

Does it need to be a running VM, or can it happen if the VM is turned
off as well?

I will try to reproduce that later today/tomorrow, all information that
narrows that down a bit might help.

Thanks, rck