[DRBD-user] which tool should I use for scripting?

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 06:42:33 CET 2021

Hi:
   we have some scripts for monitoring drbd status. they are broken
after upgrading from 8.4 to 9.0. we use command below:

"cat /proc/drbd" => it is useless now.

drbdadm role => format changed. used to return like
"Primary/Secondary" but now only return "Primary" for current node.

"drbdadm dstate","drbdadm status" => still reporting correct status
for two nodes. but  I don't know if they will change soon with
multiple nodes in the future.

drbdsetup event2 => new command. but I don't know if the output format
will be  consistent after upgrading. the function of the command seems
change a lot with every update.

which tool should I rely in the future? will "drbdadm status" stable
or I should monitor "drbdsetup events2"?

thanks a lot for help!!