[DRBD-user] 2 node clustersplit-brain on linstor_db

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Jun 10 11:58:17 CEST 2021

On Tue, Jun 08, 2021 at 10:44:57PM +0200, Martin wrote:
> I´ve read the docs again an again but no luck

You only have 2 nodes, but drbd-reactor uses DRBD quorum, you should at
least have 3 nodes. The 3rd one can be one with a diskless assignment.

> Even manually fix split-brain doesn't work

How did you do it exactly? A quick way out is to decide which is the
losing node and to create fresh meta data there. The linstor_db resource
is small enough to resync quickly.

I would deactivate drbd-reactor till you have a 3rd node. It is easy
enough to start the 2 services (mount unit/controller service) on the
node you want to be the controller for now.

And after you added a 3rd node on LINSTOR/DRBD level, I would then wait
for drbd-reactor v0.4.0. It has substantial improvements for the
promoter plugin, but we also had v0.3.0 in production and node failovers
worked reliably.

Regards, rck