[DRBD-user] The Problem of File System Corruption w/DRBD

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Thu Jun 3 21:41:05 CEST 2021

I guess I need to reiterate that I’ve been using DRBD in production clusters since 2006 and have been extremely satisfied happy with it. The purpose of my question is not to cast doubt or blame on DRBD for doing its job well. It's a good thing that DRBD faithfully replicates whatever is passed to it. However, since that is true, it does tend to enable the problem of filesystem corruption taking down a whole cluster. I'm just asking people for any suggestions they may have for alleviating that problem. If it’s not fixable, then it’s not fixable.

Part of the reason I’m asking is because we’re about to build a whole new data center, and after 15 years of using DRBD we are beginning to look at other HA options, mainly because of the filesystem as a weak point. I should mention that it has *never* happened before, but the thought of it is scary.

-Eric