[DRBD-user] The Problem of File System Corruption w/DRBD

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Thu Jun 3 21:35:30 CEST 2021

It seems like the two are sometimes intertwined. If GFS2, for example, about integrity or redundancy? But I'm not really asking how to prevent filesystem corruption. I'm asking (perhaps stupidly) the best/easiest way to make a filesystem redundant.

> I think the real solution is not technical, it's expectations management. Your
> managers need to understand what each part of their infrastructure does
> and does not do. This way, if the concerns around data corruption are
> sufficient, they can invest in tools to protect the data integrity at the logical
> layer.
>
> HA protects against component failure. That's it's job, and it does it well,
> when well implemented.

The filesystem is not a hardware component, but it is a cluster resource. The other cluster resources are redundant, with that sole exception. I'm just looking for a way around that problem. If there isn't one, then there isn't.