[DRBD-user] Proxmox with Linstor: Online migration / disk move problem

Łukasz Wąsikowski lukasz at wasikowski.net
Mon Dec 20 21:31:44 CET 2021

W dniu 2021-12-02 o 16:53, Roland Kammerer pisze:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 11:23:35AM +0100, Roland Kammerer wrote:
>> I reproduced it (1G alpine image from local-lvm), let's see what I can
>> find out, currently I don't need input from your side.
>
> Almost forgot to report back "my" findings:
>
> tl;tr: "seems like qemu does not like moving from a smaller to a bigger disk
> here.."
>
> So please use offline migration: more details and links to forum posts
> and proxmox bug reports here:
>
> https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2021-November/051103.html

Well, then this is a no-go for Linstor for me. I can't migrate offline
large production VMs and also Linstor on thin LVM won't work as a
storage on the same host on which "plain" thin LVM storage works. So I
have to get rid one of them and it has to be Linstor. That's sad it
didn't work out.

Best regards,
Łukasz Wąsikowski