[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.0 life cycle

Paul D. O'Rorke paul at tracker-software.com
Wed Aug 4 00:34:58 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I have been running a DRDB-8 simple 3 node disaster recovery set up of
libvirt VMs for a number of years and have been very happy with it.
Our needs are simple, 2 servers on Protocol C, each running a handful of
VMs as primary and replicated to the other, and both stacked to a third
server via protocol A for disaster recover/point in time backups (I run
my nightly backups off of the tertiary node so as to limit the impact on
the two primary servers.)

Now my hardware needs replacing and it looks like DRBD 8 is no longer
available?    We are not Amazon, we do not need a full cluster with all
it's bells and whistles, the classic DRBD8 three node setup still works
for me.

My question is whether DRBD8 is still "supported"and whether there are
good reasons to move to DRBD9?

--

* Paul O'Rorke*
* Tracker Software Products (Canada) Limited *

<http://www.tracker-software.com/>

  Support:
http://www.tracker-software.com/support
<http://www.tracker-software.com/support>