[DRBD-user] DRBD-user] drbd-utils v9.17.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Apr 29 10:19:19 CEST 2021

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 09:18:05AM +0200, Rob van der Wal wrote:
> Sorry, previous mail was with wrong subject. The problem is with drbd-utils
> v9.17.0
>
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with creating rpm's in this version (previous was
> okay):
> ./configure --with-distro=suse
> make rpm
> test -e .version
> test -e .filelist
> Makefile:186: *** environment variable VERSION is not set.  Stop.
>
> There seems to be some destructive changes in the Makefile etc. Any ideas
> how to solve?

Yes. Try what it told you. "make rpm VERSION=9.17.0". It might want to
use "lbvers.py", not sure, but if so just put some empty one in your
PATH.

As I mentioned in the release notes I want these targets to be gone
anyways, so don't expect any fixes. We ship a debian/ and a spec file.
That has to be good enough for anyone that knows how to build packages.
Or you find to someone that knows how to build packages (we do for
example). Maintaining these "helper targets" that generate tarballs from
tarballs in git checkouts and what not is just too much pain. I expect
considerable cleanup if we remove them.

Regards, rck