[DRBD-user] linstor Error after adding resource to node

Gábor Hernádi gabor.hernadi at linbit.com
Wed Sep 30 08:49:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

I tried to recreate this issue, but without success.

4 Node setup, all LVM
First create a resource with --auto-place 3,
Create 9 other resources with --auto-place 4
Create the first resource on the 4th (missing) node
Check "linstor volume list"

That means, there has to be something else in your setup.
What else did you do? I see that your "first" resource "windows-wm" was
more like the second resource, as it got the minor-number 1001, instead of
1000. That minor-number 1000 was later reused by "testvm1". However, was
something broken with the "original" resource using minor-number 1000?

Error report 5F733CD9-00000-000004 is a NullPointerException, but this is
most likely just a side-effect of the original issue.

> Since it looks relevant, error reports 1, 2 and 3 are all similar for
nodes castle, san5 and san6

What about error report 0? Not relevant for this issue?

> 1) Why did I end up in this state? I assume something was configured on
castle/san5/san6 but not on san7.

Not sure... If something would be broken on san7, you should also have
gotten an error report from a satellite. The ones you showed here are all
created by the controller (error-ids XXX-00000-YYY are always
controller-errors, satellite errors would also have some other
"random-looking" number instead of the -00000- part)

> 2) How can I fix it?

If I cannot recreate it, there is not much I can do. You could of course
try restarting the controller, that will reload the data from the database,
which might fix things... I would be still curious what caused all of
this...

Best regards,
Gabor