[DRBD-user] Migrating Proxmox 5 to 6 : Fail for upgrading linstor

Sébastien CHATEAU-DUTIER sebastien at chateau-dutier.com
Fri Sep 4 14:32:38 CEST 2020

Dear all,

After upgrading my Proxmox 5 to Proxmox 6 with success, I want to
upgrade linsotr to the last version but after upgrading linstor/drbd
fail to work...

I have updating my proxmox 5 with instructions on Proxmox wiki, after
succesfully migrating my cluster (everythink work great and DRBD to), I
have those version on my servers (from Proxmox 5 repo) :

drbd-dkms 9.0.24-1
drbd-utils 9.12.2-1
linstor-client 1.3.0-1
linstor-common 1.6.1-1
linstor-controller 1.6.1-1
linstor-proxmox 4.1.2-1
linstor-satellite 1.6.1-1

I have upgrading of my sourcelist for linbit proxmox 6 repo, make update
and upgrade with those versions :

drbd-dkms 9.0.24-1
drbd-utils 9.13.1-1
linstor-client 1.3.0-1
linstor-common 1.8.0-1
linstor-controller 1.8.0-1
linstor-proxmox 5.1.3-1

linstor-satellite 1.8.0-1

After reboot, DRBD is really loaded :

root at dxxxx:~# cat /proc/drbd
version: 9.0.24-1 (api:2/proto:86-117)
GIT-hash: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx build by root at xxxxx, 2020-09-04 12:41:07
Transports (api:16):

But drbdadm (and proxmox WebGui/CLI) fail to access DRBD volume :

root at xxxxx:~# drbdadm status
# No currently configured DRBD found.

I think it's a problem with the migration and file's format definition
for ressource, but i'm not sure, and i don't won't to brake anything "more".

Have you an idea for my problem and what can make for solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Sebastien.