[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-5.0.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Mar 25 15:30:06 CET 2020

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 02:23:52PM +0100, Michał Szamocki wrote:
> it assigns storage to some nodes.

If it would be that simple :). My reasoning was that if you have 2
nodes, both in a LINSTOR cluster, but the storagepool only on 1 node,
then:

If you set "nodes", to just the 1 node, you can not do migration/live
migration to the other node. But from a DRBD point of view that would be
perfectly fine, because it would just create a diskless assignment on
the second node. So why limit it, a '?'-storage on the second node is
even closer to reality. It is more "here" than it isn't :).

And for me "nodes" always had the touch of "deploy storage to exactly
these nodes", probably even overriding redundancy. But it never had this
semantic.

For these 2 reasons I removed the option, but...

> I have cluster of 5 nodes, but only 3 have drbd storage configured.
> Now drbd storage appears on all nodes but on 2 it has question mark
> (in webgui).

You are right. Unfortunately "nodes" is not only an option the plugin
uses, but also the GUI. And I see that in such a scenario as you
described it (more nodes than the LINSTOR/DRBD cluster), this is an
annoying behavior that can be worked around with filtering by "nodes".

I will do a 5.0.1 very soon.

Regards, rck